The Crime Watch Executive Board congratulates Detroit Deputy Chief Renee Hall on her selection as the Dallas Police Department Chief of Police. The CWEB looks forward to a cooperative effort as the Dallas Police Department and the community crime watches join forces to control and reduce the crime rate in Dallas. If we are divided we can be conquered but unified we are strong and can make a difference. The CWEB is asking the community to join us in this fight.
The Dallas Crime Watch Executive Board (CWEB) is asking for your help in making Dallas a safer city. Your participation will help thousands of residents through crime watch programs which will provide safer neighborhoods and significant positive public relations for business in the community. CWEB is asking you to become a business or individual sponsor of the Dallas CWEB. Continue reading
DRONES are any unmanned aircraft or ship that is guided remotely.
The Dallas Police Department is proposing the use of drones to assist and improve public safety in Dallas.
- One police helicopter costs from 1 million to $3 million to acquire
- Then they are equipped with law enforcement gear that could cost
- The operation cost to fly a helicopter is $400-$600 an hour.
- Manned aircraft are large, complex machines requiring expert ground crews, multiple shifts of pilots and co-pilots, a storage hanger, and require runways or helipads.
- Helicopter upkeep and maintenance is not cheap.
- One helicopters for a city the size of Dallas is not enough.
Gentrification’s Effect on Crime Rates « Urban Economics
It’s rare that you will see a video as powerful as this one. The message is so strong on this that we felt it should be shared.
This great little piece came to us via the Buckner Terrace neighborhood:
1. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.
2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.
3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste… and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.
4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a Continue reading